Welcome to part two of the Smorgasbord book promotions for 2017 and as I mentioned yesterday, I am going to be using the 2016 Cafe and Bookstore as the platform for both of the promotions.
Just a reminder that if you are already in the bookstore, any new releases, major reviews etc will be included in the three times a week Cafe and Bookstore updates. I usually find these when I am checking all my social media sites but it is very helpful if you let me know when you have a new book coming out or have a rave review you would like to share.
For authors who are not yet in the bookstore I will do a full promotional post which will include their latest book but also a brief review of their other work including reviews.
For this I will need the following:-
- Link to Amazon for the book (preferably your author page even if you only have one book this is an essential marketing tool and makes it a great deal easier for people like myself who are promoting your work) Also if you have a central booklink site on your blog or website that is useful.
- If you do not have an Amazon author page yet, then I will need an author profile photo or image and your official author’s bio. Please send any images attached to the email not inserted into it.
- You main social media links including website, blog, twitter, facebook, linkedin, goodreads and google+. Links in full please not short links, as they do not always work when inserted into WordPress..
- Please note that my blog has some young followers so I do not accept 18+ books.
What I will do.
- I have 27,500 connections around the various platforms and I will automatically link the post to those sites and also boost again during the day.
- The post will be included in the weekly round up on Sundays.
- Your books along with your profile photo, book covers, links to Amazon and your main website will then be put into the bookstore where it will stay permanently.
- You can then be included in the Cafe and Bookstore updates which will go out three times a week with any new releases and with exceptional reviews (for the reviews would suggest leaving six weeks between being included in an update)
What I would ask you to do.
Book promotions work best if it is a collaboration.. On the day I will send you a link to your post that I suggest you send out to all your email contacts.. I also ask you to share on your own social media sites and I suggest that if you are a blogger too; you reblog a couple of days later.
I have found in the last three years that there is a very strong connection to sharing and commenting on promotional posts if the author engages with those who have taken the time to leave their comments. So I will ask you to pop in over the first few days to respond to them.
Finally, this is your promotion and the post will be live from then on.. It is a useful tool to help market your books if you come back from time to time and reshare the post on social media.
Finally... I will usually find a notification of a new book when I am checking my social media but it is much simpler if you contact me directly once your new book is available to buy on email@example.com
Look forward to hearing from you…..thanks Sally