Something special to start my day and I am sure yours.. Robbie Cheadle shares some Kenyan art work and also a special story from Maasai culture. #recommended
As some of you may have noticed, I love dolls, stuffed animals and art. I collect dolls from everywhere I go and have a reasonable collection of antique china dolls. What I haven’t ever mentioned is my, fairly extensive, collection of African art.
This morning I am sharing a few pictures of my African artworks from Kenya as well as a few interesting facts about this beautiful East African country and a folk tale.
Some interesting facts about Kenya are:
- Kenya is located in East Africa, on the Equator;
- The capital and largest city is Nairobi. Mombasa is the second largest city;
- The two official languages in Kenya are English and Swahili, although there are dozens of other languages spoken in various parts of the country;
- Agriculture is important to Kenya’s economy, especially tea, coffee and flowers; and
- Large animals such as lions, buffalo, leopards, elephants and rhinos are present in…
View original post 488 more words