If you are not already in Sally’s Cafe and Bookstore you may like to take a look at what you as an author will gain by being there. Please read the section on what I need to do this effectively both before and after the promotional post.
Apart from being one of over 200 other authors on the shelves you will be able to share your new releases, great reviews or offers in one of the twice weekly updates on Monday and Friday. This post is shared on my network of over 28,000 contacts. The key is the fact that many of those contacts will share on their own networks giving you access to thousands more potential readers.
I am very happy to feature any author on the shelves every four weeks or so and it means that you will be promoted at least 12 times in the year. To be able to do this effectively I do need you to get in touch with your news so that I can share. I do check authors regularly but it makes my life easier if you can remember to drop me a line to email@example.com
For authors who are not yet in the bookstore I will do a full promotional post which will include their latest book but also a brief review of their other work including reviews.
Sally’s Cafe and Bookstore – New on the Shelves
For this I will need the following:-
- Link to Amazon for the book (preferably your author page even if you only have one book this is an essential marketing tool and makes it a great deal easier for people like myself who are promoting your work) Also if you have a central booklink site on your blog or website that is useful.
- If you do not have an Amazon author page yet, then I will need an author profile photo or image and your official author’s bio. Please send any images attached to the email not inserted into it.
- You main social media links including website, blog, twitter, facebook, linkedin, goodreads and google+. Links in full please not short links, as they do not always work when inserted into WordPress..
- Please note that my blog has some young followers so I do not accept 18+ books.
What I will do.
- I have 28,500 connections around the various platforms and I will automatically link the post to those sites and also boost again during the day.
- The post will be included in the weekly round up on Sundays.
- Your books (up to 4 covers of recent books) along with your profile photo, book covers, links to Amazon and your main website will then be put into the bookstore where it will stay permanently.
- You can then be included in the Cafe and Bookstore updates which will go out twice a week with any new releases and with exceptional reviews (for the reviews would suggest leaving six weeks between being included in an update)
- There is also a separate twice weekly promotional posts for authors – Air Your Reviews which you can take advantage of.
What I would ask you to do.
I love promoting other authors and I am very happy to do so as a FREE service but it does take considerable time during the week to compile and promote five posts with several authors work. But it takes two to tango.
Book promotions work best if it is a collaboration..
On the day I will send you a link to your post that I suggest you send out to all your email contacts.. I also ask you to share on your own social media sites and I suggest that if you are a blogger too; you reblog a couple of days later.
I will tag you on Twitter if you have an account and I would ask that you respond to those people who have shared your post. This is a great way to meet like minded writers and readers who are of course potential purchasers of your books.
I have found in the last three years that there is a very strong connection to sharing and commenting on promotional posts if the author engages with those who have taken the time to leave their comments. So I will ask you to pop in over the first few days to respond to them.
Finally, this is your promotion and the post will be live from then on.. It is a useful tool to help market your books if you come back from time to time and reshare the post on social media.
Finally... I will usually find a notification of a new book when I am checking my social media but it is much simpler if you contact me directly once your new book is available to buy on firstname.lastname@example.org
Look forward to hearing from you…..thanks Sally