Welcome to the first of four quiz nights to test your knowledge and also to celebrate the release of Trivia Lovers Ultimate Reference by Debra Russell. Debra has set the questions and each week one winner will be awarded an Eversion of her book to enjoy with family and friends and perfect for the coming holidays.
How to participate.
Once you have the answers to all the questions you need to send your answers to Debra by email debgrussell54 (at)yahoo.com.au
I suggest that you answer the questions in word and then cut and paste into the message. At the end of the week, Debra will put the names of those who have answered all questions correctly (or those who answer the most correctly) into a hat, and draw one name out. The winner will be revealed in next week’s quiz night and will then be contacted to find out which Eversion you would prefer. Simplezk...
Here are this week’s questions…. you may confer with other team members, but I am trusting you not to include Miss Google in your deliberations!!!
Week 1 Competition Questions
1. Name the dog that delivered life-saving medicine through a blizzard in Alaska in 1925?
2. Where could you see a likeness of the pharaoh Khafra?
3. In 1983 a Japanese artist copied the Mona Lisa in what material?
4. What dance craze began in Rio de Janeiro in 1958?
5. Which 18th century actor was a pupil of Dr Samuel Johnson?
6. Which Australian actress opts for a lamb roast in an advert rather than a date with Tom Cruise?
7. Who was the first ruler to introduce a tax on beards?
8. Which bean did the ancient Aztecs and Mayans use as currency?
9. Which well-known British boxing manager and promoter revealed in 2014 that he is on his way to becoming a woman?
10. What famous American writer worked as an entertainer on a Swedish ocean liner before being drafted to serve in World War II?
11. Which famous singer worked at Dunkin Donuts in New York?
12. Which American city was named after a British prime minister?
13. What USA city is also a slang name for a pineapple?
14. Which Australian city has a beach but no coast?
15. What are link, single, French and convertible types of?
Once you have the answers to all the questions you need to send to Debra’s email debgrussell54 (at)yahoo.com.au
Trivia Lovers Ultimate Reference: A Factual and Researched Guide to Knowledge.
About Trivia Lovers Ultimate Reference.
A thoroughly researched, contemporary trivia book containing thousands of questions and answers from a wide variety of subjects, a section of tips for learning, retaining and retrieving information and a section of lists on specific information such as capital cities, US Presidents and chemical symbols. The printed version has been formatted so the reader can cover the answers on the opposite side of the page to test their own knowledge.
Here are two early reviews for the books
“Trivia Lovers Ultimate Reference” is a well written and researched book and a must read for all Trivia Lovers. Full of researched facts that Trivia Lovers can go back to time and time again to ensure their knowledge is relevant and up to date. Love section 2 “Tips for learning, retaining and retrieving information”, this will be a great learning tool to help Trivia Lovers achieve the best they can. – Helen Scott – Family Day Care Coordinator
“Trivia Lovers Ultimate Reference” is must read for all Trivia lovers who thirst for more factual knowledge. All questions and answers have been properly and thoroughly researched and are presented in an easy to read manner. The section titled “Tips for learning” will definitely help readers retain factual information and retrieve that information when needed. Great book Debra. – Carleen Augustus -Teacher
Amazon author page: https://www.amazon.com/Debra-Russell/e/B07711TMF
Follow Debra on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/17231585.Debra_Russell
About Debra Russell
Debra Russell lives in Queensland, Australia. She gained her Bachelor of Fine Art with honors at Griffith University in Brisbane and founded the Brisbane based arts organisation Impress Printmakers Studio Brisbane. Debra worked for many years as a professional artist and curated a number of high profile art exhibitions.
She has been writing poetry for her own enjoyment for over 20 years. Due to family commitments and her art career she has not been able to pursue her dream of becoming a writer up until the last 2 years. She has just published her first book Trivia Lovers Ultimate Reference in September 2017.
In the future Debra has plans to write fiction as well as a book on Urban Myths and their origins.
Debra is interested in a wide variety of topics including the environment, animal welfare, human rights and social justice to name a few.
Connect to Debra on her blog and social media.
Good luck and have fun… look forward announcing the winner next week. Please share the Quiz around and send your answers to Debra by email.. debgrussell54 (at)yahoo.com.au