If you are not already in Sally’s Cafe and Bookstore you may like to take a look at what you as an author will gain by being there. Please read the section on what I need to do this effectively both before and after the promotional post.
Please note: It is very difficult to promote authors who have no online presence. A blog is great but if you are to reach potentially thousands of readers for your book, you do need to be on Facebook and Twitter preferably. I will be sharing the promotion on those platforms but if you cannot respond to those that share your post, then it does not help sell books. Please only contact me if you have some online platform that readers can connect to you.
As an author in the Cafe and Bookstore you will be able to take advantage of a number of promotions regularly.
New releases are promoted in New Book on the Shelves which will also promote your other books with all the links to read reviews and buy direct from Amazon. Here is an example of what that would look like.
On Mondays and Fridays you have an opportunity to share you most recent review for one of your books in the Cafe and Bookstore Author Update. Three or more authors are featured and if everyone shares to their own social media this offers an opportunity to reach not just my 40,000 + contacts but many thousands more.
I am very happy to feature any author on the shelves every four weeks to six weeks but it does help if you keep me updated of new releases and reviews. I do check authors regularly but with over 100 authors on the shelves at any given time it makes my life easier if you can remember to drop me a line to email@example.com
If you have a new release that is due in the next few weeks I suggest that you feature your previous book with its reviews in the first promotion and get your books on the shelves and then we can do another promotion when the new book is available.
If you have a recent release that is receiving great reviews then this is a good place to share that news.
For this I will need the following emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Link to Amazon for the book (preferably your author page even if you only have one book this is an essential marketing tool and makes it a great deal easier for people like myself who are promoting your work) Also if you have a central book link site on your blog or website that is useful.
- If you do not have an Amazon author page yet, then I will need an author profile photo or image and your official author’s bio. Please send any images attached to the email not inserted into it.
- You main social media links including website, blog, twitter, facebook, linkedin, goodreads and google+. Links in full please not short links, as they do not always work when inserted into WordPress.
- In my experience of promoting authors in the last 14 years, it is not as effective if you do not have some presence on social media and a central page on Amazon or Goodreads where readers can connect with you and see all your work together in one place.
- Please note that my blog has some young followers so I do not accept 18+ books.
If you are a new author or have your first book due out in a few weeks then you might find these posts useful – Media Training for Authors – and there is also a pdf available of all the posts. Link to obtain free is in this post.
What I will do.
- I have 40,000 connections around my main social media platforms of Blog, Twitter and Facebook and I will automatically link the post to those sites and also boost again during the day.
- The post will be included in the weekly round up on Sundays.
- Your books (up to 7 covers of recent books) along with your profile photo, book covers, links to Amazon and your main website will then be put into the bookstore where it will stay permanently.
- You can then be included in the Cafe and Bookstore updates which will go out twice a week with any new releases and with exceptional reviews (for the reviews would suggest leaving six weeks between being included in an update)
What I would ask you to do.
I love promoting other authors and I am very happy to do so as a FREE service but it does take considerable time during the week to compile and promote posts with several authors work. It makes a difference when authors participate in the process. Also it works best when authors in the Cafe share other author’s updates from time to time. This is a team effort and your ongoing participation is appreciated.
Book promotions work best if it is a collaboration..
On the day I will send you a link to your post that I suggest you send out to all your email contacts.. I also ask you to share on your own social media sites and I suggest that if you are a blogger too; you reblog a couple of days later.
Twitter and Facebook
I will tag you on Twitter if you have an account and I would ask that you respond to those people who have shared your post. This is a great way to meet like minded writers and readers who are of course potential purchasers of your books.
Responding to comments.
I have found in the last three years that there is a very strong connection to sharing and commenting on promotional posts if the author engages with those who have taken the time to leave their comments. So I will ask you to pop in over the first few days to respond to them individually as a global comment will not be seen by anyone..
I belong to a very generous community of writers who have books themselves or blog regularly. If you would like to be part of that community on a regular basis then you are very welcome.
Your books will stay in the Cafe and Bookstore for six months but if you are not finding the listing beneficial or are not interested in regular updates then I will move your listing into a separate directory. I will also move authors who are not actively promoting their books or I have not heard from for several months into the directory too.
Finally... I will usually find a notification of a new book when I am checking my social media but it is much simpler if you contact me directly once your new book is available to buy on email@example.com
Look forward to hearing from you…..thanks Sally