Today I will show you how to make a Pork Stock for this lovely soup…Thai’s make beautiful stocks either chicken( last weeks) or Pork and they are the basis for many of their dishes.
Using the neck pork bones this is a very tasty stock…a basis for soups and stir-fries.
- 2 lb of Pork Bones
- 4-5 cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/2 tsp white peppercorns, crushed
- 1 med onion chopped
- The top part of the lemongrass…When I use lemongrass I keep the top and again freeze for stocks. It does not have such a strong lemongrass taste as the white part but you don’t want the stock to have a strong lemongrass taste
- 2 coriander roots ( I remove the roots from coriander when I use it and keep a small bag of them in the freezer handy for stocks or anything which calls for coriander root.
- 3 1/2 litres of cold water