Welcome to the new Sunday Interview series, and this time, the focus is on the authors in the Cafe and Bookstore.
At any time there are approximately 150 authors in the Cafe and Bookstore who have new releases or recent reviews. My focus for the rest of the year is going to be on those authors in the Cafe and Bookstore and on promoting new authors who would like to join them on the shelves.
If you are a new visitor to the blog and an author with recently published books or reviews then please pop in to the Cafe and find out how you can submit your books. It is completely FREE, and all I ask is your participation when your books are promoted. This includes responding to individual comments on your posts and sharing on your own social media. There are also some elements that should be in place to ensure that your book promotion carries the most effective selling message. That includes having an Amazon author page.
Now to the new Sunday author interview.
I would like you to select five questions from the twenty I have prepared, and please use as many words as you need to answer the questions fully. It is an example of your writing and therefore should be considered as book marketing.
In addition, I would like you to select one of your books to feature. It can be a new release or might be an older book, perhaps the first in the series that you would like to give a boost to. It is a good idea to select a book that has received some good reviews and you would like to add more recent feedback.
Please select up to 1000 word extract from the book that you feel will encourage the readers to buy the book.. It might be from the first chapter or could be from later in the book when you introduce a major character.
As you are in the Cafe and Bookstore and have already been featured on the blog, I will have all your information, and will check the various links to confirm it is up to day. I will source and insert the cover of the book and blurb and will select one of the most compelling of the reviews the book has received, and include all the usual buy links. I will also add your biography, photo and social media links. I will also add your other books with an author page link.
Time for those questions
Please select five questions from the following including at least one about the book you are featuring.
- When you look back on your life, what key elements such as childhood, education, inspiration, experience motivated you to write?
- How long have you been an author, and how has your writing changed between your first and most recent book?
- Which books have made the most impression on you over the years, and which three would you say inspired you as a writer?
- What is the genre, or genres that your books fit best into, and please tell us about the genre, and how you see it evolving in coming years? For example the growth in Fantasy and the success of Romance.
- If you are a non-fiction writer, please tell us about the inspiration behind the books, and if personal, how you feel it has benefited you to share your life experiences?
- Are your books indie or mainstream published and please tell us about your publishing process and the pitfalls you may have encountered?
- What would be your advice for an aspiring author before they put pen to paper?
- How do you feel we should be encouraging the next generation of writers during childhood, at school and in the home?
- Where do you draw the inspiration for your central characters from, and in particular the book you are featuring today.
- Where did the inspiration for your featured book come from?
- How did you conduct your research for the book you are featuring today?
- If you were to go back in time before your first book, what would you do differently?
- What is your editing process, and do you use any software that you have found particularly helpful?
- Has writing your books given you personally a different perspective or changed the way you live your life?
- Do you belong to a writing group and if so what benefits do you feel it offers an author?
- Have you read any books on writing that you can recommend to hone our skills?
- What is your writing process from first concept through to final editing?
- Can you tell us about your book marketing strategy online with your top three tips for authors?
- Which social media platform do feel offers the most benefits to authors?
- Please tell us about your next project and when we can expect to see the book.
Please send your responses in a word document along with the title of the book you wish to feature, and up to 1000 word extract to email@example.com
If you are not in the Cafe and Bookstore and have a recent release or reviews then please check out the details for submitting your books in this link: https://smorgasbordinvitation.wordpress.com/sallys-cafe-and-bookstore-free-author-promotion/
Look forward to hearing from you…thanks Sally.