Congratulations again to Jessica Norrie for her latest release The Magic Carpet that I reviewed last week and can highly recommend. She is off on a blog tour taking to some great book blogs and in this post Jessica shares just some of the process involved in launching a book… I am sure it will sound familiar…Please give her a send off by reading and sharing the post.. thanks Sally.
When I published The Infinity Pool in 2015 I barely knew what a blog was, let alone a blog tour. I didn’t envisage blogging myself, and I had no idea of the goodwill, time, energy and commitment put into spreading the word about books by bookbloggers, helping readers choose and writers survive.
More experienced authors pointed me in their direction and I began to get in touch with them, mostly via Facebook. It could be laborious – not because the bookbloggers were obstructive or unhelpful, quite the opposite. They were generous, informative and kind. But life became full of tasks and lists:
- Identify and visit blogs.
- Get a deeper sense of their flavour by exploring a number of posts.
- Read guidelines, consider if they apply to me.
- If they do, construct a polite contact email.
- Await a reply, consider whether to contact again (most bloggers are very prompt about responding so this wasn’t often necessary. However, a sub task was keeping a record of who I’d contacted.)
- Sort out what I had to do when they replied with an invitation, eg write guest post / send blogger a copy for review / answer blogger’s q and a / fit answers to quirky format only used by individual blogger to help them stand out. Send them.
Please head over to read the other steps in the process and to share.. thank you Sally.