I was thrilled to be nominated by author and blogger Stevie Turner for the Blogger Recognition Award and it has given me the perfect excuse to thank you to just a small selection of bloggers who are such a wonderful support for both the blog and my books. Some have already been mentioned in Stevie’s post but I hope they don’t mind being mentioned again.
I know how busy everyone is at this time of year… so participation is optional and please just accept my thanks for your kindness. I have made up my own award plaque and hope you will find somewhere to hang it.
First there are a few guidelines attached to the award should you wish to participate….
My thanks of course to Stevie Turner on WordPress for nominating me..
1. Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select up to fifteen bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment (or pingback) on each blog to let them know that you’ve nominated them and provide a link to the post you’ve created.
How My Blog Started:
In 2012, I suddenly had time on my hands to focus on my writing again and with more books coming down the pipeline, I needed an online platform to market them. It really did not get up an running until mid 2013 and since then it has evolved into Smorgasbord Blog Magazine, and a free author promotion book site with added music, humour, health and guest contributors. No idea what I would do now without it.
Give Two Pieces of Advice to New Bloggers:
- Enjoy the process but don’t try to reinvent the wheel. There are plenty of blogging information sites available and if you are an author it is worth spending the time to set your blog up for ease of accessibility and readability. Keep it simple to begin with. I have a free pdf on Book Marketing and blog set up at firstname.lastname@example.org
- People do buy people first and interacting with other bloggers on their posts and sharing them will over time build up a following of like minded writers.
Select up to 15 Bloggers: If you have already participated, or wish not to, then please just accept this as my thanks for your support – and 15 is not enough…..
Colleen Chesebro: Poet and motivating poetry challenges
Carol Taylor: Carol Taylor food expert, Thai cookery – weekly round up
Annette Rochelle Aben: Angel Messages and poetry
Jessica Norrie: Always great books recommended aauthor and book reviews
Silvia Todesco: Wonderful Italian Cookery
Charli Mills: Fantastic Flash Fiction Challenge and all things Writing
Olga Nunez Miret: Book Reviews and Translation
Robbie Cheadle: Book reviews and writing at Roberta Writes
Anita Dawes and Jaye Marie: Jaye Marie and Anita Dawes poetry and authors
Traci Kenworth: Book blogger and author
John W. Howell: John Howell author and Views of the Neighbourhood
Mary Smith: Author, History, Afghan adventures,
Liz Gauffreau: Author, stories and reviews
My thanks again to Stevie for nominating and to you for dropping in today… and sorry if there was no room to mention you but I am very grateful for your support.