Firstly, with the results of sleuthing on the Internet are some funnies from Debby Gies followed by some jokes from Sally.
D.G. Writes is where you will find an archive full of wonderful posts across several subjects including writing tips, social issues and book reviews.
Thanks to Debby for finding these treasures… please give her a round of applause..
Check out Debby’s series here on Smorgasbord D.G. Kaye Explores the Realms of Relationships 2020
Now something from Sally.
A reminder of some weird and wonderful facts over the next few weeks that are useful when there is a lull in the conversation…allegedly true!!!
- Mosquitoes are attracted to the color blue twice as much as to any other color.
- If one places a tiny amount of liquor on a scorpion, it will instantly go mad and sting itself to death.
- Every night, wasps bite into the stem of a plant, lock their mandibles (jaws) into position, stretch out at right angles to the stem, and, with legs dangling, fall asleep.
- During the time of Peter the Great, any Russian man who wore a beard was required to pay a special tax.
- It is illegal to hunt camels in the state of Arizona.
- In the country of Turkey, in the 16th and 17th centuries, anyone caught drinking coffee was put to death.
- A Virginia law requires all bathtubs to be kept out in the yards, not inside the houses.
More Weird facts
- There are no clocks in Las Vegas gambling casinos
- The opposite sides of a dice cube always add up to seven
- The human tongue tastes bitter things with the taste buds toward the back. Salty and pungent flavors are tasted in the middle of the tongue, sweet flavors at the tip.
- It is impossible to sneeze and keep one’s eyes open at the same time
- A raisin dropped in a glass of fresh champagne will bounce up and down continually from the bottom of the glass to the top.
- Yes, it’s against the law to: Doze off under a hair dryer in Florida Slap an old friend on the back in Georgia, and Play hopscotch on a Sunday in Missouri.
- The first disc brake appeared in 1902, though it could hardly be described as practical. Widespread interest in automotive disc brakes didn’t come about until the 1950s when Jaguar used them to devastating effect at Le Mans. In the 1953 “24-Hour”, Jaguar C-Types – fitted with discs developed by Dunlop – finished first, second and fourth
- There is more lemon in Lemon Pledge furniture polish than in Country Time Lemonade.
- More people worry about cleaning the house before a party (56.2 percent) than about the food (42.9 percent).
- Of all of the cola sold in the United States, 12 percent is consumed with or instead of breakfast.
- Licking a regular-sized, multi-colour stamp delivers 0.007 calories. A larger commemorative stamp has 0.014 calories.
- In three years, Campbell Soup Co. makes more pasta stars than there are in the Milky Way
- It takes 300 gallons of water to grow one pound of rice
I know that you are very excited about learning these weird facts so I will be sharing hundreds more in coming weeks..LOL...
Thanks for dropping in today and we hope you have enjoyed the post…stay safe… Debby and Sally.