Firstly, with the results of sleuthing on the Internet are some funnies from Debby Gies followed by some more weird facts from Sally.
D.G. Writes is where you will find an archive full of wonderful posts across several subjects including writing tips, social issues and book reviews.
Thanks to Debby for finding these treasures… please give her a round of applause..
Check out Debby’s series here on Smorgasbord D.G. Kaye Explores the Realms of Relationships 2020
Now something from Sally.
A reminder of some weird and wonderful facts over the next few weeks that are useful when there is a lull in the conversation…allegedly true!!!
• Coca-Cola was originally green.
• Every day more money is printed for Monopoly than for the US Treasury
• Smartest dogs: 1)border collie; 2)poodle; 3)golden retriever Dumbest: afghan
• Hawaiian alphabet has 12 letters
• Men can read smaller print than women; women can hear better
• Chances that an American lives within 50 miles of where he/she grew up: 1 in 2
• Amount American Airlines saved in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served first class: $40,000
• City with the most Rolls Royce’s per capita: Hong Kong
• State with the highest percentage of people who walk to work: Alaska
• Chances of a white Christmas in New York: 1 in 4 (although I can’t remember when it happened last!)
• Estimated percentage of American adults who go on a diet each year: 44
• Barbie’s measurements if she were life size: 39-23-33
• City with the highest per capita viewership of TV evangelists: Wash., DC
• Percentage of American men who say they would marry the same woman if they had it to do all over again: 80.Percentage of American women who say they would marry the same man: 50
• Percentage of men who say they are happier after their divorce or separation: 58 .
• Percentage of women who say they are happier: 85
• Cost of raising a medium-sized dog to the age of eleven: $6,400
• Percentage of Americans who have visited Disneyland or Disney World: 70.
• Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
• Portion of ice cream sold that is vanilla: 1/3
• Portion of potatoes sold that are French-fried: 1/3
• Percentage of bird species that are monogamous: 90
• Portion of Harvard students who graduate with honors: 4/5
• Chances that a burglary in the US will be solved: 1 in 7
• Portion of land in the US owned by the government: 1/3
• Only food that does not spoil: honey
• Only bird that can fly backwards: Hummingbird
• Only continent without reptiles or snakes: Antarctica
• Only animal besides human that can get sunburn: Pig
• Ostriches stick their heads in the sand to look for water
• In the Caribbean there are oysters that can climb trees
I know that you are very excited about learning these weird facts so I will be sharing hundreds more in coming weeks..LOL...
Thanks for dropping in today and we hope you have enjoyed the post…stay safe… Debby and Sally.