Firstly, with the results of sleuthing on the Internet are some thanksgiving funnies from Debby Gies followed by some more weird facts from Sally.
D.G. Writes is where you will find an archive full of wonderful posts across several subjects including writing tips, social issues and book reviews.
Thanks to Debby for finding these treasures… please give her a round of applause..
Check out Debby’s series here on Smorgasbord D.G. Kaye Explores the Realms of Relationships 2020
Now something from Sally.
A reminder of some weird and wonderful facts over the next few weeks that are useful when there is a lull in the conversation…allegedly true although some might be a little out of date now!!!
- Alexander Graham Bell insisted the proper way to answer the phone is “ahoy!”
- John Wilkes Booth’s brother once saved the life of Abe Lincoln’s son.
- 25% of Americans believe Sherlock Holmes is a real person. (stress on IS, folks!!)
- It is against the law to drink beer in Cedar City, Utah, if your shoelaces are untied.
- Errol Flynn once worked on an Australian sheep ranch, castrating sheep with his teeth.
- Disneyland has the fourth largest navy in the world.
- Raccoons, slugs, and ants all love to get drunk.
- The Bible is the most shoplifted book in the United States.
- Louis XIV bathed once a year.
- The NY phone book had 22 Hitlers before WWII. It had 0 after WWII.
- Fish can get seasick.
- Kentucky produces more whiskey than all the other states combined.
- 59% of men and 39% of women say that the remote control has significantly improved their lives.
- In Kentucky, it is illegal to marry your wife’s grandmother.
- Termites eat wood twice as fast to heavy metal music.
Thanks for joining us today and we hope you are leaving with a smile on your face…Debby and Sally.