A couple go for a meal at a Chinese restaurant and order the “Chicken Surprise”. The waiter brings the meal, served in a lidded cast iron pot.Just as the wife is about to serve herself, the lid of the pot rises slightly and she briefly sees two beady little eyes looking around before the lid slams back down.Good grief, did you see that?” she asks her husband.He hasn’t, so she asks him to look in the pot. He reaches for it and again the lid rises, and he sees two little eyes looking around before it slams down.
If you love Rock then you will enjoy The Indian Indie Head blog.. Rock comes in many guises from soft to hard, alternative to mainstream.. the one thing that you can be sure is that it is always there… here is a guide to find some new bands who are carrying on the tradition thankfully.
Rock music has been proclaimed to be “dead” for the longest time. While this expression has never been close to the truth as so-called rock bands have never existed in such big numbers before and neither has rock sounded this diverse. But, to be fair rock does not have that manic stranglehold on the music world today how rap and pop music does. Judging by worldwide popularity, Nirvana seems to be last great “rock” band with respect to the alternative movement they represented, their iconic heavy to soothing noise coupled with Cobain’s naturally gifted vocals. How they became one of the most glorified rock groups in history by releasing only three albums is a matter of debate. Whether it was the romanticised suicide of Kurt Cobain by the media and the internet, much later that catapulted the popularity of their music or was the collective of Dave Grohl, Krist Noveselic…
View original post 1,293 more words
I must admit to being paranoid about sleeping in beds other than my own. Before everybody becomes hot under the collar I do mean this in in terms of hygiene…..Unfortunately, many of us are sharing our bed with more than the partner of our choice and these invisible bedfellows are very much more difficult to get rid of…Bed bugs have been part of our human life cycle for hundreds of years if not thousands. They love warm blood and will infest areas close to that source of nourishment including in seams and cracks in the mattress, in furniture and soft furnishings close to a bed and in seams of duvets and bed-linen.I am paranoid about staying hotels when travelling and part of my luggage is my first defence…this video should not be watched before you eat… or before going to bed!!!
A note from The Bluebird of Bitterness that will make you weep…. in a good way..
Dear Ma and Pa,
I am well. I hope you are too.
Tell Walt and Elmer that the U.S. Army beats working for old man Doggett by a mile. They oughta join up quick before all of the places are taken.
I was restless at first because you got to stay in bed till nearly 6 a.m., but I am getting so I like to sleep late. All you got to do before breakfast is straighten up your bunk and shine some things. No hogs to slop, feed to pitch, mash to mix, wood to split, fire to lay … practically nothing.
We go on “route marches,” which the sergeant says are long walks to harden us. If he thinks so, it’s not my place to tell him different. A route march is about as far as to our mailbox at home. Then the city boys get sore feet and we all ride back in trucks.
I keep getting medals…
View original post 148 more words
I have just popped in to see how things are going and to browse through some of my friend’s blogs.. Never disappointed to visit Cindy Knoke’s photography posts. I have never been to Croatia but Cindy’s Grandfather came from this particular area of stunning coastline.. Looks like a wonderful place to visit. #recommended
These first five photos were taken atop Mt. Kamenjak in the Vrana Lake Nature Park in Croatia. The amazing view you are seeing looks down over Lake Vrana towards the Kornati Islands in the Adriatic Sea.
Lake Vrana, the greenish body of water in the forefront, lies on the Dalmatian coast, and is the largest lake in Croatia. It is separated from the sea by a mere 2 km strip of land which you can clearly see in this photo.
The view from the opposite side of Mt. Kamenjak is also incredible, and looks into the interior of Croatia. It was quite special for me to visit this area of the world, because my grandfather, who emigrated to the US through Ellis Island in the early 1900’s, was from this area.
The spectacular Mt. Kamenjak viewpoint is off the beaten track and less traveled.
There is a charming old chapel…
View original post 209 more words
Two recipes that require testing.. volunteers please… Robbie Cheadle had a few hours to spare…. #recommended
We had no visitors this weekend. With everyone having been really sick this past week I decided that everyone needed to rest and take it easy. I am also determined that no new lurgies get introduced into my house until Michael is 100% better. So this weeks confectionary experiment was only for us and I decided to make a lovely golden orange sponge cake that I hadn’t made for a long time.
Orange sponge cake
The cake came out perfectly, fluffy and light and I decorated it using sifted icing sugar and a cake stencil that my Sister-in-law gave me for my birthday.
125 grams melted butter;
300 ml sugar;
4 eggs, separated;
5 ml orange zest;
375 ml self raising flour;
125 ml cornflour;
2 ml salt;
125 ml freshly squeezed orange juice.
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Prepare a spring bottom tin and line it with wax…
View original post 400 more words
Traci Kenworth provides us with a megalist of blog posts to visit… If you are looking for blogs to follow or a new subject to learn about.. look no further.
- https://phsolomon.com/2017/06/23/archers-aim-daily-vol-32-2/ Science fiction and fantasy news.
- https://legendsofwindemere.com/2017/06/23/marcos-musical-mart-glockenspiels-always-on-sale/ Looking for a magical instrument? Look no further!
- https://colleenchesebro.com/2017/06/24/how-to-create-fairy-connections-on-international-fairy-day/ Do you know what your spirit animal is? Mine is the dog. Loyal and trusting companions.
- http://storitorigrace.blogspot.com/2017/06/what-being-editor-for-website-has.html Being on the other side of the desk.
- http://www.magicalwords.net/roundup/magical-words-link-roundup-6-21-2017/ Stephen King and George R.R. Martin interview.
- http://scbwimithemitten.blogspot.com/2017/06/behind-scenes-with-scbwi-mi-co-regional.html The Michigan chapter.
- http://www.adventuresinyapublishing.com/2017/06/amanda-k-morgan-author-of-such-good.html Write the way things work for you.
- http://www.fromthemixedupfiles.com/2017/06/multiple-points-view-mg/ Writing in multiple vps is a little tougher. I find it’s easier to stick to two than more but the book I’m writing now has misc. ones in rare instances.
- http://avajae.blogspot.com/2017/06/do-you-need-that-pov.html Another take on viewpoints.
- http://www.brenda-drake.com/2017/06/pitch-wars-2016-success-interview-sarena-sasha-nanua-mentor-stephanie-scott/ Pitch Wars success.
- http://www.publishingcrawl.com/2017/06/23/writing-yourself/ Characters that represent the diverseness in society.
- http://www.novelrocket.com/2017/06/finding-your-romantic-story-arc.html Do you have the Why/Why not? Or the Why not/Why angle?
- http://authorkristenlamb.com/2017/06/the-coup-day-3-putting-the-bite-in-sex-scenes/ Is your hero too chatty?
- http://romanceuniversity.org/2017/06/23/plan-read-by-suzanne-brockmann/ Writing hope and love to drive out fear.
- https://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/redefining-success/ Redefining success.
- http://www.rubyslipperedsisterhood.com/meet-2017-golden-heart-finalist-c-r-grissom/ Knowledge in…
View original post 471 more words