Welcome to the new series of the Sunday Interview – Getting to Know You.
As writers we tend to share aspects of our work in interviews, such as our blog posts, books and characters, and that is very important. However, sometimes we don’t get to share some of the other aspects of our personalities.
I was looking at some of the blogging award posts and decided that for this new series, I might ask some of the questions than you will usually find attached to them.
There are over 50 questions to choose from about life, love, humour, travel, ambitions and embarrassing moments!
You can select any five questions and the only proviso is that the answer is 100 words or longer. Feel free to express yourself as this is an opportunity to showcase your writing skills.
It is an opportunity to show us your writing skills, sense of humour, best life moments and the worst, and things you might wish for. Since this is also an opportunity to promote your creative work, I will of course top and tail with an intro, your bio, examples of your blog, books, artwork, photography and your social media links. For most of you that have featured here before, I have those details on file or can find them. If you are new to the blog, I may have to come back to you for more information.
- All you have to do is pick Five questions, answer them with a minimum of 100 words ( use as many as you need) remembering that this is your showcase especially as a writer – you want people to head over and follow your blog and buy your books.
- Send the five questions and your answers to me in a word document or in an email to email@example.com.
- Please feel free to add an illustration (two or three is fine) Please do not embed in the document but attach to the email.
- If you are new to the blog, then please send your main website or blog link and I will check that out for the information that I need.
It is a first come, first serve basis so you need to get your entry in as quickly as possible (after due thought and consideration of course!).
The post will be promoted across my social media and will be my pinned tweet for the following week.
A couple of things that I would ask from you to help promote the post as far and wide as possible.
- To reblog or share across your own social media.
- To respond to each comment individually (it does encourage people to visit your blog and buy your books or other work for sale.
- To pop in from time to time over the following week to check on later comments.
Here are the questions for you to choose 5 from the 52. After the questions and to give you an idea of how the post will look, I have answered my 5 questions.
- Describe one most embarrassing moment of your life.
- Which is the most valuable thing you have lost and did you ever find it?
- Tell us about your craziest experience.
- Do you have a phobia and do you remember how it started?
- If you were to become invisible for a day what is the one thing you would do?
- If you were granted three wishes what would they be?
- What was the funniest moment of your life?
- Describe your worst online experience?
- Tell us about your partner’s likes and dislikes.
- How would you describe your fashion sense?
- What are the five things that you would always find in your handbag or briefcase?
- What is the one ambition that you still have not achieved?
- What is the one item that you paid a lot of money for but have never used or regretted buying?
- Describe the strangest dream you’ve ever had.
- Which famous person would you like to be marooned with on a desert island with?
- Have you got a secret talent nobody knows about?
- What do you consider to be the best dish that you prepare – and have you the recipe?
- If you could get rid of one household chore, what would it be?
- What is your favourite childhood song and why (do you have a Youtube link for it)?
- What is your favourite holiday and why?
- If you could be any action hero, who would it be?
- What is your favourite TV show and why?
- What is your least favourite thing about family parties?
- What is something you look forward to when you retire?
- What was the one thing you could never learn how to do no matter how hard you tried?
- Do you prefer the big city or country life?
- Where is your favourite holiday destination and why?
- What was the worse holiday you ever had and why?
- What are your favourite or weird pizza toppings?
- If you could choose a different career, what would it be and why?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- If animals could talk, which one would you have a conversation with?
- Knowing now, what you didn’t know then, what would you have done differently?
- Are you a morning person or a night person?
- What is your favourite ice cream flavour or combined flavours?
- If you were given a million dollars what would you do with it?
- What is your favourite sport and have you won medals or an award for it?
- Have you ever played a musical instrument or sang in public?
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains and why?
- What does it take to make you angry?
- Do you prefer cats, dogs, or neither?
- What is your favourite music genre and why?
- Did you have a nickname as a child and if so, what was it?
- If you only had two minutes to get out of your house, what would you grab?
- What is your favourite vegetable and how do you like it prepared?
- What do you like to put on your toast?
- What season is your favourite and why?
- What is your favourite month and why?
- Of all the books that you have read, what is your favourite and why?
- How many different languages can you speak and what are they?
- Do you have any tattoos and if so, where?
- What is one thing (moral or practical) your grandparent taught you how to do that you still do today?
Here are the interview so far.. and I kicked the series off so you could see what it would look like!
John Rieber, broadcaster and travel writer is no stranger to the blog as he has contributed a number of wonderful travel posts to the Archive series
Poet Ritu Bhathal
I enjoyed meeting Ritu Bhathal at last year’s Bloggers Bash in London. And it was fantastic to be there when she won the Best Overall Blog Award 2017. You can find out more about her debut poetry collection Poetic Rituals later in the post.
Poet and author Balroop Singh
This week my special guest is author, poet, book reviewer and blogger Balroop Singh. Balroop is a wonderful supporter of other writers and I have been delighted to share her insightful and constructive reviews for authors in the Cafe and Bookstore.
Cookery Columnist and writer Carol Taylor.
Delighted to have been working with Carol Taylor for the last year with two series, Cook From Scratch and the Food and Cookery Column..what a lovely person.
Author and broadcaster Lucinda E. Clarke
It is my pleasure to welcome author Lucinda E. Clarke this morning for the Getting to Know You interview. Born in Dublin but officially a citizen of the world, Lucinda has been a professonal writer for over twenty years and had also run her own production company in Africa.
Author Billy Ray Chitwood
Billy Ray Chitwood is an Appalachian hill boy from east Tennessee, Billy Ray Chitwood has family roots that go back to tenth century England and a hamlet just north of London called Chetwode.
Author D.Wallace Peach
My guest this morning is author Diana Wallace Peach who enchants and enthralls young readers with her fantasy and science fiction series. Apart from YA novels, Diana has recently written and illustrated her first children’s book.
Poet, author and broadcaster Annette Rochelle Aben.
Author John W. Howell
Author and travel expert D.G. Kaye
Children’s author and travel writer Darlene Foster
Writer and Blogger Traci Kenworth
Author Chuck Jackson
Australian author Frank Prem who has recently released a collection of poems and short stories about his childhood – Small Town Kid.
Denzil Walton brings nature into a child’s life with his Encourage your Child series.
This week my guest is American author Karina Bartow sharing her craziest experience, fashion sense and her love of country life.
Meet author Anne Goodwin whose latest short story collection Becoming Someone was released in November 2018.
Head over and meet romance author Laura M. Baird
This week my guest is author Abbie Taylor who shares her inspiring story as well as some interesting responses to the questions.
My guest today, Julia Benally shares what she did grab when she had two minutes to get out of her house, why it would be wise not to cross her freshly mopped floors, a very disconcerting Christmas holiday, her favourite children’s song and a rather bouncy mis-purchase…
This week my guest is author Ann Chiappetta who shares where she would love to live in the world, the animal she would most like to talk to and her favourite season.