Something a little different from Esme this month as she explores the opportunities that September offers us as individuals.
September, a time of harvest and review
This month I am going to let you check out your monthly horoscopes with your favourite astrologers, and instead, I am going to share with you my September ritual.
If you live in the southern hemisphere you are about to head into your summer, whilst those of in the northern climes are beginning to think of getting the woollies and boots out. But, wherever you live, you are nine months into the year 2018. Nine months is a significant number for humans, as it is the gestation period of pregnancy. It signifies birth, but it is the culmination of nine months of miraculous development in the safety of a mother’s womb.
What began as a tiny cell, has transformed into a fully functioning human baby, with a world of endless opportunity before it. Obviously, for the millions of babies born throughout the world, those opportunities may not be as bright as for others. We can only hope that as humans evolve further, that one day, every child will be able to achieve the rights to education and life, we often take so much for granted.
For me, at this time of year, it is an opportunity to look back to January, when even if I did not make resolutions, I did make a list of things I would like to accomplish in the coming year. You may well have done likewise. It might be health, job, relationship or financially related, or even related to publishing a book, or even moving to a new country.
It is easy to think that if you have not achieved your goal by September, that it is not going to happen; after all it will be Christmas soon and so much to do and happening!
However, I believe there is still plenty of time to make things happen, and September is the time to revisit those aspirations for the year, and to check on their progress and well-being.
I find it useful to find somewhere peaceful and outdoors on a lovely early autumn day, a place and time for reflection.
I take with me an A4 notebook and a pen… and a flask of tea and an open mind.
There are some very important human needs that should be taken care of. Assuming that you have a roof over your head, food on the table, sufficient funds to take care of yourself and your family, good health, family and friends, your list of additional priorities, should to be either improve the status of those needs, or to achieve success in other areas.
Divide a page of your notebook lengthwise down the middle, and on the right hand side, write down the goals, aims, projects, accomplishments you wished to achieve as you began the year.
Draw a line through those that you feel have been achieved. And give yourself a few moments to recognise how great that feels.This is your time of successful harvest. Your initial germ of an idea has developed into a fully functioning, integral part of you life. This might be weight loss, travel, education, new job, learning a new skill, changing your lifestyle for the better.
- Then go down the rest of the list and be realistic about your ability to accomplish them in the next four months. If they are not obtainable then move them off the page and onto the next one in the notebook; as the start of next year’s list.
- Of the ones on your list left for this year, prioritise which one you feel you have the time, energy, resources to fulfill by the end of the year. Move the others to next year’s list.
- Head up the left hand side of the top page with your priority for this year and underline heavily.
- The next step is to list the key elements you need to accomplish this in four months. Not just the element but how are you going to create the resources you need to successfully implement it.
For example: – Time
- How much time per day, week or month do you need to get this done?
- Where will you find this extra time from?
- Whose co-operation will you need to find that time?
- Which tasks can you delegate to find time in your already busy schedule?
- Can you draw on other’s expertise to get the job done faster?
- What can you give up that is less important in your schedule, so you can find the time.
Do the same exercise with each element which might include money, resources, co-operation.
Achieving this priority task may well depend on who you and your approach to life. That is where it is fun, and sometimes telling, to look at the main alleged characteristics for the astrological signs.
Do remember that despite being born within these dates, it will depend on a number of events in the skies at the time of your birth.. So you may be a combination of one or more of the following signs.
In essence we are all human beings with similar traits, that manifest themselves in different ways, depending on our nature and nurture.
Part of this exercise to achieve an ambition you have is to see whose traits you need to borrow to succeed…
Perhaps a little bit of Aries, mixed with some Gemini and a little Aquarius.
Aries: March 21 – April 19
• High expectations of self and others
• Passionate and sometimes frustrated with those who are not.
• Devoted family member and great friend.
• Willing to take risks
Taurus: April 20 -May 20
• Strong minded and often stubborn.
• Tenacious when it comes to physical and mental tasks.
• Enjoys the luxuries in life but willing to work for them.
• Can hold emotions in check.
• Can be stingy with time, but a giver of material items.
Gemini: May 21 – June 20
• Change is interesting for you and enjoyable.
• Witty and wise
• Talkative and fascinated in anything and everything.
• Life and soul of a party.
• Prefers to work from solid facts.
Cancer: June 21 – July 22 –
• You are a people person, especially as far as family and friends are concerned.
• Fascinated by the past and how you are connected to it.
• You follow your gut and sometimes don’t let the facts get in the way.
• You like to know that you own the roof over your head and have a buffer in the bank.
Leo: July 23 – August 22
• You are the centre of attention and usually look the part.
• Charm and dramatic flair is your approach to life and work
• Shines on the world and acting stage..good leader
• Is usually strong physically, and if not fakes it.
Virgo: August 23 – September 22
• Is most likely to succeed in a long-term career working to the top.
• Keeps emotions out of exchanges and work.
• Focused on achieving a satisfactory conclusion to a task.
• Do not suffer fools gladly.
Libra: September 23 – October 22
• Justice and morality are important.
• A lover of art and music.
• Great at putting people at ease.
• Tends to hold counsel and only voicing opinion when necessary.
Scorpio: October 23 – November 21
• Is the ‘live large’ of the signs with ability to make things happen.
• Loves a challenge but always does deep assessment before taking them on.
• Enjoys getting involved in lively conversations…
• Is proud of achievements and material assets
• Make great lovers but not great enemies.
Sagittarius: November 22 – December 21
• Thinks deeply about life and likes to have all the facts before acting.
• Very intelligent and likes to jump through mental hoops.
• Not good at sitting still for long periods of time.
• Ask ten people to describe you and they would all be different.
• Do not like being tied down but will if they are given some freedom.
Capricorn: December 22 – January 19
• The planner and problem solver.
• Likes to be two steps ahead with an action plan in place
• Has to be forced to share thoughts and emotions as does not like to air them in public.
• Tends to be a one person man or woman, happy not to socialise.
Aquarius: January 20 – February 18
• The eccentric of the zodiac who enjoys the unusual in all things including friends.
• Passionate about injustice
• Happy to dive in to any different environment and adapt.
• Loves to experience new cultures and does not conform in fashion, thought or deed.
• Absorbs knowledge like a sponge and remembers everything.
Pisces: February 19 – March 20
• Tends to support rather than grab the limelight.
• Enjoys the finer things in life.
• Has great integrity and devotion to duty.
• Is often underestimated and surprises often.
I would love to hear from you after you have carried out the simple exercise that I shared.
And let me know what task you have decided to prioritise and achieve by the end of the year.
Also what traits you feel you need to borrow from your fellow astrological signs to make it happen
I hope you have enjoyed this month’s post from Esme and we have her with us until the end of the year until she begins a new chapter in her life. Thanks Sally
Autumn images courtesy of Pixabay.com